Avees Puttu Restaurant is a good place where you can have good breakfast, lunch and dinner. I usually try not to miss this place while traveling to Trivandrum via Kochi. Avees is popular for Kuttanadan dishes, open between 7 am and 10 pm.
The ambience is really good, one side of the restaurant is sort of open and you can see the paddy fields, which belongs to Avees and they use the rice from those paddy fields for cooking Puttu and other rice dishes like Appam, Iddi Appam / Hoppers and many other.
Check out this Video for getting some idea of the place
They have good parking space, toilets, etc, so if you are on a long highway drive, good place to have a break.
See Also – Cofeebean Sri Lanka Airport
You should not miss to visit their store which is just at the entrance. You can find many products like Puttu Powder, Pickles, Avalose podi /powder, etc
Avees has more than one branch, but I have not been to any other location. One brand
Check out these related posts
- Kerala Breakfast – Payaru, Pappadam
- Cherata Puttu- Kerala Breakfast
- Breakfast at Sidhartha- Mysore
- Malgudi Vatika at Bangalore Mysore Highway
Please post your comments if you have been to this place.
Recently Updated Posts
- Google Adsense Auto Ads Enabled for my blog ( February 21, 2018)
- Food court at Mall of Mysore ( February 21, 2018)
- Meat Up – New service to buy fresh meat, fish online – Mysore ( February 21, 2018)
- Fresh To Home – Buy Chicken, Fish and Mutton Online in India ( February 21, 2018)
- Emergency Declared in Maldives – Expats working in Maldives ( February 21, 2018)
- BSNL did it when all private service providers failed ( February 20, 2018)