Kerala God’s Own Country
This Phrase was coined in 1989 by Mr Walter Mendez who was the creative director of a firm which was assigned the task of marketing Kerala as a tourist destination by Kerala tourism department. This was a huge success and Kerala became one of best tourist destination in India.
Kappa and Fish Curry – A popular traditional Kerala Dish
Some of the factors that lead to the creation of this Phrase – “God’s Own Country“
- In Kerala, you will find temples, churches, mosques in every nook and corner of Kerala and is one of the harmonious state in India.
- Kerala has the highest literacy rate in India.
- Nestled between the pristine waters of the Arabian sea on the west and the lush Western Ghat mountains on the east, its intense network of rivers and lagoons, thick forests, exotic wildlife, tranquil stretches of emerald backwaters and a long shoreline of serene beaches make it a traveler’s paradise.
There could be many other historical reasons that made Walter coin this Phrase.
So if you did not know about this information like me, please share it with others
Recently Updated Posts
- Jobs in Maldives – Most demanded Professionals and Salary ( February 20, 2018)
- Yoga, By My Father ( February 20, 2018)
- How to Start a Blog and make money – From the Scratch ( February 20, 2018)
- My Custom Archive Page Header ( February 19, 2018)
- Applications that I use on my iPad Pro 10.5 ( February 19, 2018)
- Working in Maldives – Jobs, Safety and cost of Living ( February 19, 2018)