Last Updated: February 10, 2018 at 11:28 pm
Income tax in Maldives – This is a question asked by many when they are trying to get a job in Maldives or if they are offered a job.
Income Tax in Maldives for Expatriates
As on today – There is no personal income tax. Expatriates working in Maldives would need to pay 3% remittance tax for the money they send home from their salary. Income tax it not applicable for locals, salaried class or even expatriate / foreign workers in Maldives.
There is something called withholding tax which is for companies or services providers or professionals who come for a contract and work on business visa.
BPT or business profit tax is payed by companies and rent earned is also subject to income tax in Maldives
Check out this video on Velana International Airport in Maldives
So good news in for expatriates coming to Maldives to work, do not have to worry of any income tax. For Indians, the earning from a foreign country when you have a NRI (Non Resident Indian) Status, you do not have to pay tax even in India too.
Check out more information on the Remittance tax for expatriate / foreign workers in Maldives
Suggested Reading – Cost of Living and Salary in Maldives
Recently Updated Posts
- Starting a Niche Blog – Which are best Niche Blogs? ( February 25, 2018)
- Google Adsense Auto Ads Enabled for my blog ( February 25, 2018)
- Facebook – You can’t log in at the moment ( February 24, 2018)
- Round table discussion on India Maldives private healthcare sector ( February 23, 2018)
- Reaching 200 subscribers on YouTube Channel ( February 23, 2018)
- Mumbai trip memories ( February 23, 2018)