I had got my first Merc last month, GLC 220d, the diesel version, CBU. I really enjoyed driving each and every kms on this powerful machine. I have been using a 3 Litre Fortuner for the last 4 years, but still I would say, the power of this machine is awesome and it has to be experienced to believe.
Related Thought – Should I Upgrade my Forturner to the new model?
Done with the first service visit, it’s just a check up which has to be done before 3000 kms, or that would effect the 3 year warranty clause.
Everything is excellent as far as Merc India is concerned, except
- I am yet to receive the fuel funnel adapter. (No deadline yet)
- No covers yet in India (Was told will be available only by the end of Sep 2016)
Being a new model, it took about a month for the RTO Karnataka to get it registered. I understand that mine is the second GLC in Karnataka. Assembled GLC would be available in India from next month. A highly recommended SUV compared to Audi Q5 or BMW X3 or a Land rover Discovery.
Update : 05-September-2016 19:54 (IST)
If you are looking for the petrol version, then you can go for the GLC 300, which is a 2 litre petrol engine. The diesel version is 2.2 litre. Both are great, but if you are worried about the diesel engine about 2 litre ban by NGT, then you can go for the petrol version.
Update : 24-October-2016 15:19 (IST)
Got the fuel funnel adapter after I contacted the Merc Benz India support team on twitter.
Now I have completed about 5500km, doing good.
Update : 24-October-2016 15:21 (IST)
Got the illuminated star fixed last week.
Check out my latest review of GLC 220D
Recently Updated Posts
- Google Adsense Auto Ads Enabled for my blog ( February 21, 2018)
- Food court at Mall of Mysore ( February 21, 2018)
- Meat Up – New service to buy fresh meat, fish online – Mysore ( February 21, 2018)
- Fresh To Home – Buy Chicken, Fish and Mutton Online in India ( February 21, 2018)
- Emergency Declared in Maldives – Expats working in Maldives ( February 21, 2018)
- BSNL did it when all private service providers failed ( February 20, 2018)