WordPress XMLRPC is widely used by third party application to communicate with WordPress sites and do almost everything without opening the site or even the admin panel. You can read posts, write new post and even update your plugins, activate, etc. I had earlier developed a WordPress plugin (Kish Multi Pro) which was used by 1000’s for managing multiple blogs.
WordPress is moving towards WordPress REST API which can do similar things. I recently started working on this and developed a simple theme using Framework7 which is full featured HTML framework to build iOS and Android Apps. You can check out this site on your iPhone or iPad.
Using REST API, you can pull information from WordPress installation as you can do using XML-RPC. Many applications have started using the REST API and as per Matt, this would be the future.
Recently Updated Posts
- Google Adsense Auto Ads Enabled for my blog ( February 21, 2018)
- Food court at Mall of Mysore ( February 21, 2018)
- Meat Up – New service to buy fresh meat, fish online – Mysore ( February 21, 2018)
- Fresh To Home – Buy Chicken, Fish and Mutton Online in India ( February 21, 2018)
- Emergency Declared in Maldives – Expats working in Maldives ( February 21, 2018)
- BSNL did it when all private service providers failed ( February 20, 2018)