WordPress XMLRPC is widely used by third party application to communicate with WordPress sites and do almost everything without opening the site or even the admin panel. You can read posts, write new post and even update your plugins, activate, etc. I had earlier developed a WordPress plugin (Kish Multi Pro) which was used by 1000’s for managing multiple blogs.
WordPress is moving towards WordPress REST API which can do similar things. I recently started working on this and developed a simple theme using Framework7 which is full featured HTML framework to build iOS and Android Apps. You can check out this site on your iPhone or iPad.
Using REST API, you can pull information from WordPress installation as you can do using XML-RPC. Many applications have started using the REST API and as per Matt, this would be the future.
Recently Updated Posts
- My Custom Archive Page Header ( February 19, 2018)
- Applications that I use on my iPad Pro 10.5 ( February 19, 2018)
- Working in Maldives – Jobs, Safety and cost of Living ( February 19, 2018)
- Bose Lifestyle 650 – Home Theatre ( February 19, 2018)
- Steviana – Stevia Leaves Sweetener ( February 19, 2018)
- How to Start a Blog and make money – From the Scratch ( February 18, 2018)