Last Updated: February 6, 2018 at 12:12 pm
Recently while I was traveling from Kozhikode to Mysore, I got down at a shop at Wayanad where they sell products which are produced locally like honey, spices, etc. The shopkeeper showed me something which I had never seen or intact never heard about, “Bamboo Rice” and explained the health benefits of bamboo rice for diabetes
Health benefits of bamboo rice for diabetes
According to him, this rice has very high medicinal values, best for people with diabetes and other ailments like Hypertension, etc. It is also noted that bamboo rice has low glycemic index so it is ideal for diabetic patients. These wild Bamboo rice are collected from the seeds of flowered Bamboos.
Bamboos usually have a life-cycle of around 40 to 80 years, varying among species. Normally, new bamboos grow up from bamboo shoots at the roots. At infrequent intervals for most species, they will start to blossom. After blossom, flowers produce fruit, called “bamboo rice” in parts of India and China. Following this the bamboo forest dies out. Since a bamboo forest usually grows from a single bamboo, the death of bamboos occurs in a large area.Many bamboo species only flower at intervals as long as 65 or 120 years. Source
I am using this rice for the past few days and have noticed significant fall in my blood sugar. This Bamboo rice is very similar to red rice, but you need to soak for at least 8 hours if you need to get it cooked fast.
Check out my post on managing diabetes.
Recently Updated Posts
- Crossed 1000 Subscribers and 4000 watch hours ( July 22, 2018)
- Monetisation Enabled for my Travel Channel – Approved to Join YouTube Partner Program ( July 16, 2018)
- Starting my new Personal Vlog – Kishore’s Vlog ( July 8, 2018)
- Reaching 200 subscribers on YouTube Channel ( June 11, 2018)
- How I reached 500 Subscribers organically? YouTube Channel ( April 23, 2018)
- Free Music / Audio for your YouTube Videos ( April 6, 2018)