Last Updated: February 10, 2018 at 11:28 pm
Income Tax in Maldives for Expatriates
As on today – There is no personal income tax. Expatriates working in Maldives would need to pay 3% remittance tax for the money they send home from their salary. Income tax it not applicable for locals, salaried class or even expatriate / foreign workers in Maldives.
There is something called withholding tax which is for companies or services providers or professionals who come for a contract and work on business visa.
BPT or business profit tax is payed by companies and rent earned is also subject to income tax in Maldives
Check out this video on Velana International Airport in Maldives
So good news in for expatriates coming to Maldives to work, do not have to worry of any income tax. For Indians, the earning from a foreign country when you have a NRI (Non Resident Indian) Status, you do not have to pay tax even in India too.
Check out more information on the Remittance tax for expatriate / foreign workers in Maldives
Suggested Reading – Cost of Living and Salary in Maldives
Recently Updated Posts
- Reaching 200 subscribers on YouTube Channel ( March 16, 2018)
- Interesting News – Archives 2010-17 ( March 9, 2018)
- Flybus – Bengaluru Airport to Mysore ( March 9, 2018)
- List of Must have WordPress Plugins for Beginners ( March 7, 2018)
- Starting a Niche Blog – Which are best Niche Blogs? ( March 7, 2018)
- Mullaperiyar Dam Issues! ( March 7, 2018)