Last Updated: February 10, 2018 at 11:28 pm
Income Tax in Maldives for Expatriates
As on today – There is no personal income tax. Expatriates working in Maldives would need to pay 3% remittance tax for the money they send home from their salary. Income tax it not applicable for locals, salaried class or even expatriate / foreign workers in Maldives.
There is something called withholding tax which is for companies or services providers or professionals who come for a contract and work on business visa.
BPT or business profit tax is payed by companies and rent earned is also subject to income tax in Maldives
Check out this video on Velana International Airport in Maldives
So good news in for expatriates coming to Maldives to work, do not have to worry of any income tax. For Indians, the earning from a foreign country when you have a NRI (Non Resident Indian) Status, you do not have to pay tax even in India too.
Check out more information on the Remittance tax for expatriate / foreign workers in Maldives
Suggested Reading – Cost of Living and Salary in Maldives
Recently Updated Posts
- Crossed 1000 Subscribers and 4000 watch hours ( July 22, 2018)
- Monetisation Enabled for my Travel Channel – Approved to Join YouTube Partner Program ( July 16, 2018)
- Starting my new Personal Vlog – Kishore’s Vlog ( July 8, 2018)
- Reaching 200 subscribers on YouTube Channel ( June 11, 2018)
- How I reached 500 Subscribers organically? YouTube Channel ( April 23, 2018)
- Free Music / Audio for your YouTube Videos ( April 6, 2018)