Last Updated: February 10, 2018 at 11:28 pm
Every expatriate / foreigner coming to the Maldives to work under work visa or work permit has to undergo the work visa medicals. Work visa medicals Maldives has to done every year for the renewal of the work visa besides the first time entry.
Where can the Work Permit Medical Checkups done?
Work permit medical check ups and done at approved hospitals and clinics in the Maldives.
Tests included in the Work Visa Medicals Maldives
- TC, DC
- Chest X-ray
- Urine Albumin and sugar
Other than theses tests, the person has to go through regular doctor consultation
If the employee / expat worker is found to be positive to any communicable disease like HIV, HbsAg, then after the confirmatory tests, the person is sent back home.
Some FAQ’s Related to Work Visa Medicals Maldives
- How long will this check up take ? – About 1-2 hours
- What are the specimens taken ? Blood, Urine
- Is Chest X-Ray Mandatory? Yes
- How often the work permit medicals needs to be done? – every renewal, usually once a year
- Who would bear the cost? – Employer
- How much does this cost ? Between Mrf 600 to 1000, depending upon the place where you are doing your medical check up.
- Fastest and best place to do Work Permit Medicals is at AMDC Clinic
Other Recommended reading for Expatriates working in the Maldives
- Is Maldives a Safe Place to Live and Work for Foreigners ?
- Local Market – Male’ in Maldives
- Is there income tax in Maldives?
- Cost of Living and Salary in Maldives
Recently Updated Posts
- The US Civil War ( April 4, 2018)
- Reaching 200 subscribers on YouTube Channel ( March 16, 2018)
- Interesting News – Archives 2010-17 ( March 9, 2018)
- Flybus – Bengaluru Airport to Mysore ( March 9, 2018)
- List of Must have WordPress Plugins for Beginners ( March 7, 2018)
- Starting a Niche Blog – Which are best Niche Blogs? ( March 7, 2018)