I got an iPhone XS 256GB space grey from Mysore. Reason for upgrading from iPhone X was dual sim feature, which I was anticipating for a long time. There are no slot for two sims like any other dual sim phones, but in this you have a feature called Esim which is also known as digital sim.
Every time I travel to Maldives where I work and spend half the month, I need to change the sim and when I come back, I do have to do the same again.
How to enable ESim for Indian Mobile Operators like Airtel or Jio?
As on today, only Airtel and Jio has this feature. I have done a detailed video on iPhone XS Esim activation which could be helpful.
- First, you need to send an SMS to 121 with a message ESIM yourregisteremail.com
- You will receive a reconfirmation message, reply to that as per the instruction
- You will receive an automated call, press 1 in the keypad to confirm
- In a minute after than, you will receive an email with a QR code. Navigate to settings->Mobile Data – > Add data plan
- Follow the instructions to complete the activation. This should not take more than 5-10 minutes
- Your ESim will be active within 2 hours, but the SMS feature will work only after 24 hours for some security reasons
My ESim is activated, but have some problem sending SMS, which I have registered a complaint
I understand that you can register more than 1 ESim.
If you have enabled ESim on Jio – Please share your experience
Update – iPhone ESIM Activation for Airtel
Activation Done – Some feedback after using for 2 days
I got everything working perfectly. Both my sim are active which means that I will receive a call or an SMS sent to any of the number. I have an option to select the line to make a call. I can switch that anytime, even from the dial pad. Same is in the case of SMS. I can even assign a default line to every contact.
Adding more than one ESIM
Now I need check about adding more than one ESIM.
What happens to the ESIM if I need to reset my iPhone? How do I reinstall it? Will the backup reinstall ESIM on iPhone?
These are few question which I am not sure about. Please shout out if anybody knows about this