Last Updated: February 6, 2018 at 12:08 pm
I was using personal hotspot feature in the iPhone, but today when I came to Kerala and wanted to use mobile internet for my laptop, I was surprised that the Personal Hotspot menu was missing. I was in a remote area and was getting only 3G network, I guess Airtel has not covered 4G here.
What could be the reason for the missing Personal Hotspot Menu on iPhone ?
The reason that led to this problem on my iPhone is that the APN settings for Personal Hotspot was missing. Earlier I was using the Hotspot on 4G network and the APN settings for 4G is optional. When you move to a 3G network and you have not set the APN then your personal hotspot menu could go missing.
I entered airtelgprs.com and I got my personal hotspot menu back (Just go back and forth the menu will appear).
There could be some other reasons too, but this was the reason for me and I could fix it by just entering the APN and username and password has to be left blank in case of Airtel.
Recently Updated Posts
- Flying Drones in India – New Drone regulations ( September 4, 2018)
- Kerala Floods – Need help to rebuild ( August 21, 2018)
- Types of Visas in Maldives – How to Get Work Visa? ( August 7, 2018)
- YouTube – Hide Subscribers count ( August 7, 2018)
- Things that I learned from my own mistakes ( August 7, 2018)
- Must have Gadgets for New YouTubers ( July 26, 2018)