Last Updated: February 6, 2018 at 11:53 am
WordPress Desktop is an application for MAC to mange all the WordPress blogs. If your blog is on WordPress.Com, then no issues, but if it is self-hosted, then you would need to install JetPack plugin which is a very popular plugin.
Today I downloaded this WordPress Desktop Application on my MacBook Pro and started using it. As soon as I saw the initial screen I understood that this is the same inteface that we all have seen on WordPress.com to manage all our sites from a single page website. Also the WordPress application for Android / iOS and Windows works on the same framework. I liked the MAC version and I am using it, in fact I am writing this post using this WordPress Desktop Application. If you are interested in knowing more about the framework which is open source and developed by Automattic, check this post by Matt.
Features of WordPress Desktop
- All your blogs are connected and you get access to all your blogs at one place.
- You can write new posts, edit posts, upload images, set featured image, almost everything that you would want to do with your WordPress blogs.
- You can even get notifications on update available (Plugins / Themes) from this central control panel.
This would be replacement for many blogging applications like MarsEdit, Blogo, etc. But I understand that this would work only with WordPress and not other blogging platforms like Blogger, Joomla, Drupal, etc.
Give this a try if you are a WordPress user, you just need a WordPress account which you should be having or elese you can sign up for free.
Please feel free to share your thoughts by comments below.
Update : It’s now 3 days that I have been using this application on my MacBook Pro. Works really good, some features like while inserting the image, you cannot set the size of the image and link to the attachment page like we can do it in the native WordPress posting page.
Update : 01-February-2018 18:09 (IST)
You can also update the WordPress Themes and WordPress Plugins using this WordPress.Com application.
Recently Updated Posts
- Crossed 1000 Subscribers and 4000 watch hours ( July 22, 2018)
- Monetisation Enabled for my Travel Channel – Approved to Join YouTube Partner Program ( July 16, 2018)
- Starting my new Personal Vlog – Kishore’s Vlog ( July 8, 2018)
- Reaching 200 subscribers on YouTube Channel ( June 11, 2018)
- How I reached 500 Subscribers organically? YouTube Channel ( April 23, 2018)
- Free Music / Audio for your YouTube Videos ( April 6, 2018)